How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 31300
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

In 1987 I bought a farm from the government

Customer Question

In 1987 I bought a farm from the government on a crown lease, five years later in 1992 a crown grant (freehold) was granted to me by the governing council ( to date I have been unable to get them to  actually complete the change).

Along with the farm I bought a share in another piece of land that has shearing shed, pens etc, on it, at the time and since no deeds have been issued for this shared land.

Reasons for not doing this have been the land had to mapped with a GPS etc, again many requests to have this work done hasn’t brought about a result.

Last year the government without my permission built a public works building on this land.

In 1987 I paid for the land and although I understand the Government is the legal owner I am the beneficial owner.

 It is 100% the fault of the legal owner that the freehold has not been provided to the beneficial owner.


Does the legal owner have the right to build on the beneficial owner’s property with out permission or compensation?  

Thank you


Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law