Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
18726264

Very much the same thing happened to me- Fasline Legal services

Customer Question

Very much the same thing happened to me- Fasline Legal services based in Malaga got in touch saying that they could get my money back.They said the companies i had been trying to sell my holiday dreams to were fraudulent and were being closed down.That Holiday Dreams was bogus etc,etc.They said that if i paid the £1550 for translation and court costs they would get my money back in up to 10 months time.The lawyers name isXXXXX Manas and it says he is fully registered to practise law in the province of Audalucia,Lic No.4,524.Id like to know if ive been 'done' or not.It wasnt till i had a phone call from Continental Connections which is one of the companies supposedly being closed down that i started to question what id done.Please help Thanks.
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.
Hi how did you pay these people. I am afraid without exception if you were cold called by someone claiming they could get your money back it is likely to be a scam. You have to think how they got your details or knew that you had participated in Holiday Dreams? If you paid by credit card or visa debit you should contact the to try and recover your money.

Have a look at the TATOC website for more info on this sort of thing
http://www.tatoc.co.uk/consumer-help/cold-callers