12826847

I had one claim against me last year, which I disputed and

Customer Question

I had one claim against me last year, which I disputed and said it was a 50/50 accident, but the insurers, Churchill paid out. They sent me a ridiculous renewal quote and reduced my no claims from 11 to 3 years. I was led to believe that I was allowed one claim without my no-claims being affected.
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

I am very sorry for the delay you have experienced and the fact that I cannot give you good news.

I do completely see why you are annoyed about this. Insurance is an unfair business.

However come what may, there was a claim on your insurance. It doesn't matter who was liable. This is a no claim bonus not a no blame bonus.

The fact that they paid out makes no real difference and I'm afraid that you certainly are not allowed one claim without losing your bonus.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.