12826847

Conviction for gross indecency(sexual off3ences act 1956) dated

Customer Question

Conviction for gross indecency(sexual off3ences act 1956) dated 29th September 1989
fined £100 plus £15 costs no further offences.Can this be removed from a CRB check and if so how?
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What level of checking are you facing?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
previously had an advanced disclosure undertaken on which this conviction appeared now have to have another check for current employment.previous check was undertaken for work as an indpendent consultant
current check requested as part of full time employment have not had check done previously for full time role
have been working in the NHS for 36 years,currently as a contining care assessor for older people.(have been in this role for approx 10 years)
am currently working my notice as taking early retirement and am concerned this may cause issues during my last 11 weeks
role undertaken is a clinical one(registered nurse)do not assess indivudals with out family members or other staff present.no physical examination reqired.read that some old convictions can be removed after a certain lenght of time hence my question
The law is to change later this year to allow to removal of some convictions after a period of what looks t be eleven years

Unfortunately though parliament has made clear that sexual offences will be excluded from this provision so unless that changes its not likely to assist you.

In fairness it might change in due course. It would t be the first time parliament had weakened but that is what they've declared now.

Sorry that is probably bad news.