12826847

If for an issue regarding a doctor that is to be reported to

Customer Question

If for an issue regarding a doctor that is to be reported to GMC , is there procedure in trust to investgate doctore before refering to GMC. If the complaint is fabricated and malacious or misinterpretation how can doctor chalange evidence puporting to support unsubstantiated complaint. If it is not done and complaint reach GMC then it is difficult to challange because of powers that intrim order panel has to suspend doctor for any length of time without fact finding that can ruin an innocent doctor and his family. Intrim order panel does not have to find facts that were fabricated and or misinterprated or misrepresented complaint. How can doctor get his right full right. Please advise. Thanks and regards
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

To whom is it reported if not to the GMC?