12826847

Can anyone assist me please. Is it possible to reclaim compensation

Customer Question

Can anyone assist me please. Is it possible to reclaim compensation paid into the High Court following a Borough Council's compulsory purchase of a property which have been paid back to the borough council due to the elapse of many years where the funds had been unclaimed. If after deciphering my query your answer is yes can you please tell me how to go about it.

Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

How
many years? What is your interest in this? Can we have the background detail,
please? Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for responding I am speaking on behalf of the first mortgagees who had a registered legal charge against the property. The CPO took place about 19 years ago and the council reclaimed the compensation from the High Court a few years ago.

What has the mortgagee/lender to do with it?

Why didn't the person being compensated claim it?

I need the full background please. Thanks