12826847

I was charged with refusing to leave a premises (a Casino)

Customer Question

I was charged with refusing to leave a premises (a Casino) - the reason, going by total accident into the ladies' toilets.
I agreed to leave if the round of drinks I had just purchased would be reimbursed. They refused and called the police.
I wasn't disorderly, rude or previously causing fuss in any way.
I was held in a cell for 7 hours before being issued with a fixed penalty (following finger printing and DNA swabbing.)
This all felt like a gross over reaction. Do I have any basis to make a complaint?
thanks.
Expert:  Alice H replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm happy to help with your question today.

Have you paid the fixed penalty or contesting the matter?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I haven't paid the penalty yet, no.
I don't contest that upon being asked to leave I raised a condition (re-imbursement). I understand now that a licensee can insist anyone leave if they so desire.

I am more angry about being kept in a cell for 7 hours, missing a day's work etc etc...

In no way was I posing a threat to anyone and no one was even in the toilets to the best of my knowledge. I made an honest mistake, I wanted what felt like a fair outcome, and instead of that I get arrested.

Expert:  Alice H replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. I was offline overnight but working again now.

- Do you have any previous convictions?