12826847

I work in an nursing home. I work night duty which includes

Customer Question

I work in an nursing home. I work night duty which includes three carers and a nurse for twelve hrs duty. My question - My employer has given me a final written warning for not waiting to get help while putting a resident on the bedpan. This resident according to her care plan needs two carers to turn her. She is well able to lift her right leg and turn and has done so in the past. I explained to my manager that I had no help for over an hour that night and this resident said she really wanted to use the bedpan. This resident would have wet the bed if i did not help her on the bedpan. I explained to the resident that I went to look for help but there was no one available. Then she reported me the next day. I was suspended for two weeks with pay. I went back last week to work. Now my manager is hassling me to work day shifts for a few weeks, which i told her i couldn't as i look after my elderly aunt. These day shifts my manager says is for training under supervision. I feel she is demeaning my character. I am doing this kind of work for over three years with this company. I am fetac 5 qualified with healthcare support. I am out sick at the moment with emotional stress. Please advise thanks
Expert:  Jenny replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer, how long have you worked there for?