12826847

hello, I have purchased 2 lift/recliner chairs one for my wife

Customer Question

hello, I have purchased 2 lift/recliner chairs one for my wife the other for myself(both aged 76 and in very poor health) purchase price both £4472:00 (supposedly 50% discount ) they are both bespoke and manufactured in the uk. The salesman measured us weight/height etc. When the chairs arrived my wife's chair was a lot smaller than mine and she was not happy with the results. In her opinion the chair is far too low and narrow in width, also because of the arthritis in the whole of her body she cannot sit comfortably. The company has offered to change the design of the back of the chair but refuses to adjust the height or width. I have been in contact with the company with the view of returning the chairs(both) and requesting a full refund. I am informed by this company that it is not the company's policy to refund. Does this policy override 'The sale of goods act'? Although the salesman measured correctly his 'bible' states that she has the correct sized chair.. the main concern is that she is so uncomfortable and cannot sit for more than 45mins. Surely 'Bespoke' means made to measure and if when the article is completed and does not 'measure up to your expectations they the company are at fault and I am within my rights to claim and receive a full refund! Thank you XXXXX Shropshire.
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Did you approve the height and width measurements?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it was completed in a demo chair............ with a top of the art of technology instrument an expanding tape measure

Yes, measured to your own specification from what you say.

So did you approve it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR CAR TO A GARAGE AND THE MECH. SAYS YOU NEED A NEW GIGGLING YOU SAY OK.

HE MEASURED (REMBER PLEASE I AM 76 YRS YOUNG) BUT I CANNOT BEND TO CHECK HIS MEASUREMENTS. AT WHAT POINT DO YOU HOLD THE TAPE TO THE MIDDLE/END OF THE SEAT. THESE PEOPLE ARE SO CALLED EXPERTS

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I ACCEPTED THE SALESMANS FINDINGS.... BECAUSE THAT WAS HIS JOB

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972....... JO I AM NOT QUITE WITH THIS ANSWER SITE. HAVE YOU FINISHED WITH ME OR IS THERE HOPEFULLY MORE TO COME?

Yes, but I really need the information I asked for? Is that possible?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972
I ACCEPTED THE SALESMANS FINDINGS BECAUSE THAT WAS HIS JOB....... IF YOU HAVE A SUIT MADE TO MEASURE YOU DO NOT CHECK EVERY MEASUREMENT DO YOU.

And did this match the measurements?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FO JOMO1972

HI JO, SORRY HAD TO LEAVE LAST NIGHT. CAN WE CONTINUE NOW OR IS THAT IT?.... I HOPE NOT BECAUSE I DONT THINK THAT I HAVE RECEIVED ANY INFO YET FOR MY PROBLEM.

Yes, come back when you can. The question will be open.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have noticed that I have been charged £47.00 for my question to you. As far as I am concerned I did not get any advice at all..... I was asked two questions and then complete blank.......... I now find that my 'time out' with the company in question has run out. I do not consider that the 'advice' I was given was worth the £47. cost and I would very much appreciate a refund of the same amount. I was dealing with 'FOR JOMO 1972' thank you.

terry manning.

The reason you haven't had an answer is that you are not responding to me information requests.

I can ask for a refund if you would like though