12826847

my husband is reprimanded for soliciting drugs which I wasnt

Customer Question

my husband is reprimanded for soliciting drugs which I wasn't aware of and stash of money. I sometime made big transactions on his behalf in my account. my question is that even though I wasn't aware of his activities can I be charged or what should I do thank you
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What were the transactions for please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't know my husband told me put 5000 in your account and transfer it to this one

Did he have any reason?

For want reason was he likely to have £5,000 in cash?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was naïve I loved him and never asked about anything. even though he had money I never used it I went and still going to work doing 2 jobs from 9 am till 11pm

Thanks but what I need to know is what was his account for this? Its a question they are likely to ask.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't know I never asked him but it was his account with a different name I guess maybe he didn't want to pay tax or I really don't know and don't get it. I am really confused, don't know what to think , am I in trouble even though they can see the statements that I never used his money

It is possible that you could be prosecuted. Its fair to say that the police don't usually prosecute girlfriends of drug dealers for their involvement. Its a bit of a sexist thing really but it might assist you here.

The risk isn't really from a substantive prosecution because that is unlikely but from a proceeds of crime investigation afterwards. The fact that the funds have been through your account could be a difficulty then and render any assets potentially tainted and liable to seizure.

Wait to see whether that happens. They will not bother unless he has assets worth pursuing.

Can I clarify anything further for you?