12826847

I contacted the bank for a credit card PPI claim, they said

Customer Question

I contacted the bank for a credit card PPI claim, they said as I had made 3 claims I was not entitled to anything. As I had not made any claims I contacted a solicitor to help look into it for me. The solicitor was told the same thing by the bank and told me they were unable to help. I then contacted the bank again explaining I had not made any claims but they insisted I had. After speaking to several employers I was given the phone number of the people who pay the insurance out. The person I spoke to there said I had made one claim not three I was given a claim number and told to phone the bank again, which I did but they were not interested I then contacted the solicitor again with this information I explained I had not made any claims and that was why I wanted them to look into it for me. They person I spoke to said she would transfer my case to another colleague to look into this. I was contacted by this person who told me he had been told by the bank I had made claims and he was unable to help me with this claim. After 6-7 weeks I contacted the bank again spoke to another person explained the whole situation including the solicitor who was unable to deal with this claim. This person contacted the insurance company and was told I had only made one claim this person apologised for the problem I had incurred and that they had made the mistake and would open the claim again. A few weeks later I received a letter from the solicitor saying they wanted paying as I had received PPI and they had been dealing with it. If the bank had dealt with this in the first place I would not have contacted a solicitor. The solicitor told me twice they were unable to deal with this case. The solicitor has now sent me a court court judgement. I would like help please
Expert:  Alice H replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

My name is Alex and I'm happy to help with your question today.

What specifically would you like to know?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do I have a case not to pay the solicitor as they were unable to sort this out and I had to deal with it myself, is there any way the bank could be liable for the bill because if they had dealt with it properly I would not have contacted the solicitor in the first place.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

do I have a case not to pay as the solicitors as they told me twice they were unable to deal with this then informed me they had closed the case. So I then contacted the bank and insurance people myself. could I claim the money from the bank as if they had dealt with my claim properly I would not have contacted the solicitors in the first place.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes I advice as soon as possible please

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I would like a reply but I need it by Monday as I am going to court over this

Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

Did you sign a retainer letter with the solicitor?

Did the solicitor give you a quote?

AJ
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I signed a letter with the first solicitor then they closed the case.

I did not sign anything with the second solicitor it was the same firm but at different times they quoted a % of what the ppi claim was

Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

Do you still have a copy of that letter?

Have they given you an invoice?

AJ