12826847

i have a council water meter on my sits they have not read

Customer Question

i have a council water meter on my sits they have not read the meter fot about a yeat and a half they have billed me 5000 pounds and said it is back dated 7 years and is common water
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

What would you like to know?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972 the council have sent me a bill for sewage water and consumed common water back dated 7 years ,I have a water meter on my site and only one tap they are asking for 7000 pounds .Ihave always paid my water bill it is only about 12 pounds a quarter

Do you believe the reading is wrong?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

terms of agreement I am also required to pay for the water used and for the water sewage charges .these charges are applicable for your direct consumption but also on a pro-rated basis for the shared common areas sewage charge is 1,390.78 .water charges for common area split between all tenants is 5623.26 do I have to pay

Do you believe the reading is wrong?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

they are not saying it is the meter reading they are basing this charge on the advice of northumbrian water on the surface area of my occupational area .I occupy 2.4%of the site excluding common areas I thought that I only paid for the wsater I used

Ok.

So do you believe the assessment is wrong?