12826847

i puchased a hot water solar panel system in july 2010.from

Customer Question

i puchased a hot water solar panel system in july 2010.from SUN IS POWER,at a cost of £3747.00 ,The payment was made up of tree payments£1429.00,by bacs transfer,from my bank.one payment of £1249.00,on one barclaycard visa
,and one £1250.00.
During October 2010,the system failed (ESCAPE OF WATER).although it had a ten year warrenty to minus 10 degrees.
The house was uninhabitable,so my wife and i were in a motel, and then a rented house for 9 months.
I attemted to contact the company,Letters were returnd unopened,and all phone lines were cut off.The company had gone into liquidation.
I contacted barclacard on the 7th of May,To be informed that i could reclaim the cost under section 75 of the consumer credit act.
I have sent 3 letters without a response from Barclaycard,and have had to phone them to
ask why they are not handling the claim?.
I have provided them with all the information that they have asked for , But have not heard form them as yet,even though i was assured by MrAnkit prandiyal of barclaycard
customer services, that i had a good chance of recovering,some if not all of my losses.
I would appreciate your advice on what to do to get a response from Barclaycard.
Mr Tony Blackburn
27 Kirby Lane
Kirby Muxloe
Leicester
LE9 2JG
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Are you hoping to claim more than you paid on your card please?