13262538

I have been served this evening with a C43 form from Derby

Customer Question

I have been served this evening with a C43 form from Derby County Court saying that I need to return my daughter to her mother immediately. The police say it is currently a civil matter but will become a criminal matter if I don't comply and may be arrested for non compliance.
Is this correct?
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you
The information that you have been given is indeed correct - although immediate could be seen as meaning tomorrow given the current time
The Order that has been made is a Civil one.
However if you fail to act upon it then you will in fact technically be liable for Child Abduction - which is a police matter
It is unlikely that you would be prosecuted - but it would enable the Police to remove the child from your care and return her to her mother
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Claire