13262538

The council have threatened to terminate my housing benefits

Customer Question

The council have threatened to terminate my housing benefits if I don't produce my grand daughters' birth certificate and proof of child benefit. My daughter and her two children live with me and I qualify for housing benefits as I am a pensioner. My daughter does not claim any benefits from the council so why do I have to produce her personal data to them?
Thank you for your question I shall do my best to assist you
I am afraid that the recent changes mean that the Council do indeed top know who is in the property in order that they can be certain that it is fully occupied and that you are therefore entitled to your full benefits
Accordingly if you do not provide the evidence (and it is your claim so you do need to produce the data) then your benefits will be place don hold.
I am sorry that the news is not better please ask if you need further detail
Claire