Max Lowry, Advocate
Experience:  LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
51031577

when visiting a sports club where should disabled bays be

Customer Question

when visiting a sports club where should disabled bays be situated
Expert:  Max Lowry replied 4 years ago.

Max Lowry :

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. I will help you with your question.

Max Lowry :

Can you explain why you're asking this please? It is likely to be relevant to the answer.

JACUSTOMER-b3670r7o- :

iam ablue badge holder also a social member of a golf club there are only two disabled bays tugged rou nd acorner no where near the main entrance

Max Lowry :

Okay. The blue badge scheme, is a scheme introduced by the government, in respect of parking at public places. The golf club is unlikely to come within this particular scheme.

Max Lowry :

However, the club still has obligations to make reasonable provision for disabled individuals at the club.

Max Lowry :

Albeit, this is under different legislation.

Max Lowry :

There are no set rules as to the appropriate distance, simply a requirement that reasonable provision is made.

JACUSTOMER-b3670r7o- :

am a social member of a golf club also a blue badge holder ther are only two disabled bay tugged around a corner no where near the main entrance

Max Lowry :

You are likely to be able to argue that we reasonable provision is not made for disabled individuals, as required by the Disability Discrimination Act.

Max Lowry :

This means that you should be able to argue that a parking space needs to be closer to the premises. A failure to do that, may give rise to a disability discrimination claim.

Max Lowry :

Are you there?

Max Lowry :

I hope this answers your question. If you need further information, either now or later, just let me know and I'll gladly help out.

Please do remember to rate my answer as highly as you can for me. Thank you.