Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

My problem is with ADT alarms on 2 counts. Firstly my alarm

Customer Question

My problem is with ADT alarms on 2 counts. Firstly my alarm has never worked properly despite 3 engineers being sent out. Therefore I wrote and told them that I did not want their product. They have constantly sent me bills and have now put it in the hands of a solicitor.
Secondly, about a year ago lightning hit my house causing most of my electrical equipment to burn out, including my alarm. Eventually someone came at the time and date that was agreed taking a couple of months to do so. An engineer agreed my alarm was "fried" and someone else would come to deal with it. After a lengthy wait an engineer arrived but what he did, reinstate my alarm, was not what was on the receipt. I sent this to my loss adjustor but they refused to pay £188.00 for what the receipt said he had done. I explained this to ADT but they snatched the money from my account without my permission. They refuse to refund this amount unless I sign up for another years contract and have never reimbursed me for the time my alarm was not working.
I would be delighted if you could sort this problem for me as I really do not need this hassle.
Brenda Trueland
Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.

Josh-2010 :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Josh-2010 :

as a consequence of the lightning incident, do you now have any evidence that the alarm was not working prior to the same please?

JACUSTOMER-5ug8pklg- :

Sorry about the wait but I was checking the paperwork and the answer to your question is NO

JACUSTOMER-5ug8pklg- :

sorry about the wait but I had to check paperwork and the answer to your question is NO

Josh-2010 :

Sorry for the delay in reverting to you - I had to see a client.

Josh-2010 :

what appears to initially be relatively straightforward matter has been complicated by virtue of the damage being caused to the alarm system. Could you clarify three points for me: 1) did you purchase the alarm system your self from new?

Josh-2010 :

2) is the alarm presently under a service contract and from what you say, am I correct in concluding that you are under no obligation to renew said contract

Josh-2010 :

3) the receipt save the Internet have done had he really done? When and how did the company deduct monies from your account?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.