Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

if I go for a quick, undefended divorce such as those available

Customer Question

if I go for a quick, undefended divorce such as those available on line with the intention of dividing proprty when it is finalised am I actually jepordising my position or options in any way and does personal cash come into the settlements... if so can I spend it now?
The divorce available on line is just the same as the one you can do yourself using the appropriate forms available here
https://www.gov.uk/divorce/overview
Dealing with the financial side is entirely separate - and if your ex has a pension then it woudl be wise not to get the absolute until the Financial Arrangements are concluded
Personal monies are part of the equation - but spending it will not assist you as you will have to account for having done so
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Claire
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated. If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.