12826847

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX am realy sorry for my english,

Customer Question

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX am realy sorry for my english, but i will try my best to discribe everything i have really bad situation right now, i live at my house for 3 years, and for every year i am paying council taxes in april or may 1 year upfront. In that year (2013) i was late with the payment for 2 months, i even receive the letter from council that they sent that case to court and i should pay court fees and etc, so i payed for 1 year upfront with all the fees yesterday (17/07), i thought everything is sorted. BUT...today i received letter from bailiffs and in that letter they said that they will come to collect all my stuff and belongings because i didn't pay. There was a phone number, so i called them to explain that i already payed everything and i can give reference number and etc, but he said that he don't care and he will come to collect all my stuff tomorrow 19/7 or we should pay him now 240 £, we said that we will pay no problem but we ask him to call council and ask them if that fees already included in our previous payment, he said that he will call us back in half an hour. BUT he never call, so we call him back, but he only said that anyway he is coming tomorrow to collect and even if no one gonna be home, he is aloud to break it and still take everything, so i said straight away let me pay you now by card over the phone, but he ask us to call him back with it in half hour. BUT he never picked up the phone after that, he was very rude over the phone, and i absolutely understand that he want to come tomorrow and break in, now i will not go to work because i dont want my door to be broken and etc. I need help please tell me what he aloud to do and what he cant, am i aloud to call police when he gonna come, so at least he will not do anything illegal, i cant sleep i dont know what to do, and i dont even know how to prove that i talked to him(
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Can I presume that you haven't let him in previously?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i never see him in my life, and that was first time when i ever contact him

He cannot break in or otherwise gain entry unless you invite him in then.

However, that won't be his intentions anyway. He will target any vehicle that you have. If you have a vehicle then keep it in a locked garage or many streets away.

Also, keep all doors and windows locked and secured. Bailiffs can gain entry through open doors or windows.

Its very unlikely that he will actually attend tomorrow but ultimately he will attend and then he will add the costs to your bill.

You must start paying a reasonable sum immediately. Don't worry about whether they agree to accept it. If you may a reasoanble offer and pay it regularly then you will probably drop off the bailiffs radar as you are saying something and most of their customers are not..

Can I clarify anything for you? I'm just offline now as I'm up early but I can pick up in the morning.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972 - ok, thanks, so when he come i can pay him his 240£ and he will go? Or he is not aloud to take payments, and he will take all my stuff?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
is it true that by law bailiffs should only charge 12£ per letter and 24£ per visit?
No, as I've said you should not let him in.

He can claim the whole debt and I'm default take your goods. Thats why you should not let him in.

No, its not true thats all they can charge. Those figures are long since out of date.