Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

Can I be personally made bankkrupt for alimited company of

Customer Question

Can I be personally made bankkrupt for alimited company of which I was the secretary

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you today. Do you have any personal guarantees to creditors?
JACUSTOMER-xok83g6r- :

No

AlexWatts2013 : Then no, you can not be made bankrupt. Only if you had a personal guarantee to any creditor could you be liable.
AlexWatts2013 : I hope this answers your question and if so, I would be pleased if you could take a few moments to rate my service. Otherwise I would be happy to answer anything else you would like to kmow
JACUSTOMER-xok83g6r- :

What if the creditor in question is the Inland Revenue. should it be against the company or myself

AlexWatts2013 : Is it for PAYE?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.