Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

Hi My neighbor has claimed the land at the back of my property,

Customer Question

Hi My neighbor has claimed the land at the back of my property, 6ft of this is was a road that is disused now, this is along my boundery wall. All the other neighbors have claimed the piece at the back of them, but she has taken hers and mine. How do I go about registering the piece of road which is at the back of me?
Expert:  Max Lowry replied 4 years ago.

Max Lowry :

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. I will help you with your question.

Max Lowry :

To register the road you will need to explain to the land registry why you're entitled to do this, and you would do it in an application to the registry. Are you saying that you have been adversely possessing the land for 12+ years?

JACUSTOMER-3d9bhhde- :

The next door neighbor has been possessing the land for more than 12 years

Max Lowry :

Okay - then it's likely that, as far as the land registry is concerned, they would own this if they applied for registration of it.

Max Lowry :

Are you there?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.