Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

HI MY NAME ISXXXXX 63 YEARS OLD AND SO IS MY WIFE I AM A

Customer Question

HI MY NAME ISXXXXX 63 YEARS OLD AND SO IS MY WIFE I AM A CARER FOR MY SON DARREN WHO IS 40 YRS OLD WHO SUFFERS WITH PARANOIA AND SCHIZOPHRENIA MY WIFE IS A PART TIME CLEANER. MY NEIGHBOR WHO IS ALSO 63 ALSO CARES FOR HER SON WHO IS IN HIS FORTIES WHO SUFFERS BADLY WITH HIS NERVES AND LEARNING DIFFICULTIES WE LIVE IN A SMALL CLOSE IN A ROW OF 4 HOUSES TWO LOTS OF SEMI DETACHED. TWO OF THE HOUSES ARE 3 BED AND THE OTHER TWO ARE TWO BED, MY NEIGHBOR HAS A TWO BED, WE HAVE THE THREE, AS WE HAVE OUR GRANDDAUGHTER TO WHOM WE ARE SPECIAL GUARDIANS WE HAVE HAD HER SINCE SHE WAS 6 WEEKS OLD WE HAVE HAD TO MOVE THREE TIMES FIRST TIME IN ORDER TO KEEP HER AS WE ONLY HAD A TWO BED THE SECOND TIME WE WERE ALL OUT OF OUR COMFORT ZONES,THE THIRD WAS IN ORDER THAT OUR GRANDDAUGHTER COULD SOCIALIZE AS WE WERE QUITE ISOLATED AND THERE WAS NO CHILDREN FOR HER TO PLAY WITH. WE WAS OFFERED A 3 BED HOUSE BY BROMFORD HOUSING WE WENT TO LOOK AT IT AND ASKED ABOUT NEIGHBORS AND WAS TOLD THAT THERE WAS PHYLLIS WITH HER SON ONE SIDE AND ANOTHER TWO DISABLED PEOPLE THE OTHER SIDE WITH A DISABLED SON AND A LITTLE GIRL, FOR US THIS WAS IDEAL SO WE MOVED IN AND MADE THIS PLACE OUR HOME I SPENT A LOT OF TIME AND EFFORT MAKING A LOVELY ENVIRONMENT FOR US ALL NOW TO CUT A LONG STORY SHORT MY NEIGHBOR BECKY MOVED UP NORTH TO BE CLOSER TO HER PARENTS SHE JUST LEFT, GAVE US THE KEYS TO HER HOUSE AND SAID WE WOULD BE CONTACTED BY BROMFORD HOUSING ON THE MONDAY APPROX 5 WEEKS AGO TO PICK UP THE KEYS WELL THEY DI-DENT SO I PHONED THEM ON THE TUESDAY THEY WERE AWARE AND SAID THEY WOULD LET US KNOW WHEN THEY WOULD COLLECT THE KEYS APPROX 3 WEEKS WENT BY AND A FAMILY PULLED UP OUTSIDE THE EMPTY HOUSE NEXT-DOOR THEY HAD A PEOPLE CARRIER AND A LARGE NUMBER OF CHILDREN IN THERE THE MOTHER WAS STANDING BY THE OPEN SLIDING DOOR AS IF SHE WAS DOING SOMETHING I THOUGHT NO MORE OF IT AS I HAD THE KEYS TO THE HOUSE AND THEY WERE THE ONLY ONES FEW MINUTES LATER TWO OF THE CHILDREN APPEARED WITH TWO BALLS THAT BELONGED TO MY GRANDDAUGHTER THAT HAD GONE OVER NEXT DOORS GARDEN THE EMPTY ONE AND I KNOW THE BACK GATE WAS LOCKED SO THEY HAD CLIMBED OVER, I DID NOT CONFRONT THEM AS I DON'T LIKE CONFRONTATION SO LEFT IT THEY DROVE OF OVER TO ANOTHER HOUSE WHO HAVE HAD LOTS OF CALLS FROM POLICE SO THOUGHT IM GLAD I DID NOT CONFRONT THEM APPROX TWO WEEKS WENT BY WHEN THE HOUSING OFFICER RANG AND SAID SHE WOULD LIKE TO COLLECT THE KEYS SO IN PASSING I ASKED IF IT HAD BEEN ALLOCATED SHE SAID IN IN THE PROCESS I SAID CAN I ASK WHO, SHE SAID A FAMILY OF 6 CHILDREN TWO ADULTS STRAIGHT AWAY I SAID ARE THEY A FAMILY OF GYPSIES WHO ARE FRIENDS WITH THE OTHER FAMILY OF GYPSIES WHO LIVE AT THE FRONT OF THE ESTATE (THERE ARE EIGHT HOUSES ON OUR ESTATE) SHE REPLIED IM NOT AT LIBERTY TO SAY,SO I DESCRIBED THE EXPERIENCE I HAD HAD WITH THEM AND TOLD HER WHAT THE FAMILY LOOKED LIKE THE NEXT DAY SHE CAME TO THE HOUSE TO COLLECT THE KEYS SO I ASKED HER AGAIN AND SHE SAID THERE IS NOTHING DEFINITE AT THE MIN SO I SAID PLEASE TAKE ON BOARD OUR POSITION WITH OUR AGE AND THAT WE HAVE POORLY SIBLINGS US AND NEXT DOOR AND THE INCIDENT WITH STEALING THE BALLS BEFORE THIS PLACE IS ALLOCATED SHE SAID SHE WOULD MY NEIGHBOR PHONED ALSO AND EXPLAINED HER SITUATION SHE SAID THANK YOU I WILL TAKE IT ON BOARD ON THE 17 07 13 SHE RANG ME IN THE EVENING AND ASKED ME TO PHONE THE POLICE AND REPORT WHAT HAPPENED I WAS VERY RELUCTANT AND SAID I DON'T WANT TO DO THAT ITS TO PETTY FOR JUST TWO BALLS AND I DON'T WANT ANY REPERCUSSIONS AS I KNOW WHAT THESE FAMILY'S CAN BE LIKE SHE SAID THERE WONT BE ANY THEN SAID TELL THEM TO PHONE ME AND I WILL GIVE THEM INFORMATION SO I AGREED AND PHONED GOT A REFERENCE NUMBER AND ASKED THEM TO PHONE THE HOUSING OFFICER THEY SAID THEY WOULD AND ALSO VISIT US WHICH THEY HAVEN'T YET SO I THOUGHT THAT WAS THE END ON FRI 19 07 13 THIS SAME FAMILY WAS GIVEN THE KEYS TO THE SAID PROPERTY LEAVING ME SO SCARED FOR MY FAMILY'S SAFETY AFTER CALLING THE POLICE ON HER ADVISE, HAD I KNOWN THAT THIS PARTICULAR FAMILY WAS MOVING IN I WOULD NOT HAVE PHONED I DON'T WANT TO STAY HERE NOW HAVE MY HOUSING ASSOCIATION AFTER DOING WHAT THE DID HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO REHOUSE US KIND REGARDS XXXXX XXXXX SHE HAD SAID SHE WAS GOING TO ASK THEM IF THEY HAD TAKEN THE BALLS BEFORE SHE TOLD ME TO PHONE THE POLICE.
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

My name is Alex and I'm happy to help with your question today.

What exactly do you wish to know? Please state your question precisely if you can.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI MY NAME IS ALAN IM 63 YEARS OLD AND SO IS MY WIFE I AM A CARER FOR MY SON DARREN WHO IS 40 YRS OLD WHO SUFFERS WITH PARANOIA AND SCHIZOPHRENIA MY WIFE IS A PART TIME CLEANER. MY NEIGHBOR WHO IS ALSO 63 ALSO CARES FOR HER SON WHO IS IN HIS FORTIES WHO SUFFERS BADLY WITH HIS NERVES AND LEARNING DIFFICULTIES WE LIVE IN A SMALL CLOSE IN A ROW OF 4 HOUSES TWO LOTS OF SEMI DETACHED. TWO OF THE HOUSES ARE 3 BED AND THE OTHER TWO ARE TWO BED, MY NEIGHBOR HAS A TWO BED, WE HAVE THE THREE, AS WE HAVE OUR GRANDDAUGHTER TO WHOM WE ARE SPECIAL GUARDIANS WE HAVE HAD HER SINCE SHE WAS 6 WEEKS OLD WE HAVE HAD TO MOVE THREE TIMES FIRST TIME IN ORDER TO KEEP HER AS WE ONLY HAD A TWO BED THE SECOND TIME WE WERE ALL OUT OF OUR COMFORT ZONES,THE THIRD WAS IN ORDER THAT OUR GRANDDAUGHTER COULD SOCIALIZE AS WE WERE QUITE ISOLATED AND THERE WAS NO CHILDREN FOR HER TO PLAY WITH. WE WAS OFFERED A 3 BED HOUSE BY BROMFORD HOUSING WE WENT TO LOOK AT IT AND ASKED ABOUT NEIGHBORS AND WAS TOLD THAT THERE WAS PHYLLIS WITH HER SON ONE SIDE AND ANOTHER TWO DISABLED PEOPLE THE OTHER SIDE WITH A DISABLED SON AND A LITTLE GIRL, FOR US THIS WAS IDEAL SO WE MOVED IN AND MADE THIS PLACE OUR HOME I SPENT A LOT OF TIME AND EFFORT MAKING A LOVELY ENVIRONMENT FOR US ALL NOW TO CUT A LONG STORY SHORT MY NEIGHBOR BECKY MOVED UP NORTH TO BE CLOSER TO HER PARENTS SHE JUST LEFT, GAVE US THE KEYS TO HER HOUSE AND SAID WE WOULD BE CONTACTED BY BROMFORD HOUSING ON THE MONDAY APPROX 5 WEEKS AGO TO PICK UP THE KEYS WELL THEY DI-DENT SO I PHONED THEM ON THE TUESDAY THEY WERE AWARE AND SAID THEY WOULD LET US KNOW WHEN THEY WOULD COLLECT THE KEYS APPROX 3 WEEKS WENT BY AND A FAMILY PULLED UP OUTSIDE THE EMPTY HOUSE NEXT-DOOR THEY HAD A PEOPLE CARRIER AND A LARGE NUMBER OF CHILDREN IN THERE THE MOTHER WAS STANDING BY THE OPEN SLIDING DOOR AS IF SHE WAS DOING SOMETHING I THOUGHT NO MORE OF IT AS I HAD THE KEYS TO THE HOUSE AND THEY WERE THE ONLY ONES FEW MINUTES LATER TWO OF THE CHILDREN APPEARED WITH TWO BALLS THAT BELONGED TO MY GRANDDAUGHTER THAT HAD GONE OVER NEXT DOORS GARDEN THE EMPTY ONE AND I KNOW THE BACK GATE WAS LOCKED SO THEY HAD CLIMBED OVER, I DID NOT CONFRONT THEM AS I DON'T LIKE CONFRONTATION SO LEFT IT THEY DROVE OF OVER TO ANOTHER HOUSE WHO HAVE HAD LOTS OF CALLS FROM POLICE SO THOUGHT IM GLAD I DID NOT CONFRONT THEM APPROX TWO WEEKS WENT BY WHEN THE HOUSING OFFICER RANG AND SAID SHE WOULD LIKE TO COLLECT THE KEYS SO IN PASSING I ASKED IF IT HAD BEEN ALLOCATED SHE SAID IN IN THE PROCESS I SAID CAN I ASK WHO, SHE SAID A FAMILY OF 6 CHILDREN TWO ADULTS STRAIGHT AWAY I SAID ARE THEY A FAMILY OF GYPSIES WHO ARE FRIENDS WITH THE OTHER FAMILY OF GYPSIES WHO LIVE AT THE FRONT OF THE ESTATE (THERE ARE EIGHT HOUSES ON OUR ESTATE) SHE REPLIED IM NOT AT LIBERTY TO SAY,SO I DESCRIBED THE EXPERIENCE I HAD HAD WITH THEM AND TOLD HER WHAT THE FAMILY LOOKED LIKE THE NEXT DAY SHE CAME TO THE HOUSE TO COLLECT THE KEYS SO I ASKED HER AGAIN AND SHE SAID THERE IS NOTHING DEFINITE AT THE MIN SO I SAID PLEASE TAKE ON BOARD OUR POSITION WITH OUR AGE AND THAT WE HAVE POORLY SIBLINGS US AND NEXT DOOR AND THE INCIDENT WITH STEALING THE BALLS BEFORE THIS PLACE IS ALLOCATED SHE SAID SHE WOULD MY NEIGHBOR PHONED ALSO AND EXPLAINED HER SITUATION SHE SAID THANK YOU I WILL TAKE IT ON BOARD ON THE 17 07 13 SHE RANG ME IN THE EVENING AND ASKED ME TO PHONE THE POLICE AND REPORT WHAT HAPPENED I WAS VERY RELUCTANT AND SAID I DON'T WANT TO DO THAT ITS TO PETTY FOR JUST TWO BALLS AND I DON'T WANT ANY REPERCUSSIONS AS I KNOW WHAT THESE FAMILY'S CAN BE LIKE SHE SAID THERE WONT BE ANY THEN SAID TELL THEM TO PHONE ME AND I WILL GIVE THEM INFORMATION SO I AGREED AND PHONED GOT A REFERENCE NUMBER AND ASKED THEM TO PHONE THE HOUSING OFFICER THEY SAID THEY WOULD AND ALSO VISIT US WHICH THEY HAVEN'T YET SO I THOUGHT THAT WAS THE END ON FRI 19 07 13 THIS SAME FAMILY WAS GIVEN THE KEYS TO THE SAID PROPERTY LEAVING ME SO SCARED FOR MY FAMILY'S SAFETY AFTER CALLING THE POLICE ON HER ADVISE, HAD I KNOWN THAT THIS PARTICULAR FAMILY WAS MOVING IN I WOULD NOT HAVE PHONED I DON'T WANT TO STAY HERE NOW HAVE MY HOUSING ASSOCIATION AFTER DOING WHAT THE DID HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO REHOUSE US KIND REGARDS ALAN PS SHE HAD SAID SHE WAS GOING TO ASK THEM IF THEY HAD TAKEN THE BALLS BEFORE SHE TOLD ME TO PHONE THE POLICE.

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Hi Alan

You've just repeated the information you gave earlier.

What I'm asking is: what exactly do you wish to know from me as a lawyer?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I WANT TO KNOW IF MY HOUSING ASSOCIATION HAS HAS AN OBLIGATION TO REHOUSE US AFTER DOING WHAT THEY DID AS WE FEEL UNSAFE NOW WHERE WE ARE LIVING

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the additional information.

-Have the police taken any action against the neighbours?

-Has the council taken any action against them e.g. anti-social behaviour order (ASBO)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the police haven't visited me yet but they said they were going to these people are only just moving in having been given the keys Friday 19-07-13

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your patience.

I have considered all the information you've provided and do understand your concern but at the moment there are no grounds for the housing association to re-house you.

The information you gave on the telephone was in confidence. The police will not reveal the source of their information and will not put your safety at risk.

So far these people have not directly caused you any problems. Therefore, if you ask the housing association to re-house you they will say that your request is groundless.

If there are problems you can ring the police or housing association immediately. But until there are such problems there's not much the authorities can do - the other family has as much right to be housed as you do.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated. If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.