Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

In a divorce settlement +10 years ago my husband was assigned

Customer Question

In a divorce settlement +10 years ago my husband was assigned my portion of an endowment policy which is due to mature August 2013. I have received a letter within the last week from him requesting me to go to a solicitor and get an assignment form changing the endowment policy from joint to single ownership. My understanding is that this should have been done within 28 days of the final decree. My question is where do I stand now.
Thank you for your question I shall do my best to assist you
I am afraid that you are still in the same situation - you have to sign the paperwork and if you do not then your ex can go to court and get an order for you to do so.
The 28 days was in fact simply a device to ensure that you could not delay the signature indefinitely
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for clarifying this Regards

You are most welcome good luck
Claire
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.