Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

We have 2 British gas meters 10 meters apart. One we use (

Customer Question

We have 2 British gas meters 10 meters apart. One we use ( approx £2000 per annum ),
the other we haven't used since 2010 ( it was only used for a hand basin heater ).
October 2011 Bgas decided to charge us for the meter by imposing a supposed "New 28 day rolling contract on us. we have never signed anything or agreed to this.

They are requiring £375 for the privelege of us having one of their meters but not using it.
The meter is disconnected. They have applied for a warrant at the local magistrates court. We are considering delivering it to one of their offices...

Have they the right to impose a new contract on us? Can I go to the court and have it stopped? Is this Bully Boy tactics?

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is Alex and I will try and help with this. On what basis are they saying they are permitted to impose a new contract please?
JACUSTOMER-hb1pfzzo- :

Thank you for your reply. British gas say they are being charged for meter reading.

AlexWatts2013 :

Thank you. Do you have an existing contract for that meter with BG? Alex

JACUSTOMER-hb1pfzzo- :

BG say I do. I have not agreed with any contract they have tried to impose on us.

AlexWatts2013 : Yes, have you seen the existing contract that gives them the supposed power for doing this please?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.