Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I paid £774-43 deposit on 29/01/13 for a holiday on 06/10/13.

Customer Question

I paid £774-43 deposit on 29/01/13 for a holiday on 06/10/13. On 25/05/13 i was diagnosed with C.O.P.D. so i was unable to take my holiday because of oxygen restrictions so i had to cancel .I BOOKED WITH Co-Op travel and was only refunded £124-43.surly this is not correct for this travel agent to take £600 of me when i booked and paid all in good faith and was looking forward to my holiday in Turkey.This cancellation is because of circumstances beyond my control thank you

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. May I ask did you have travel insurance please?
JACUSTOMER-95gvmp30- :

no i did not have insurance at time of booking . when i was diagnosed with my illness i was only on 2 ltrs of oxygen per min and got insurance with SAGA later after a week or two i was reassessed and it was decided to increase my oxygen to 6 ltrs per min . Which meant that i could not fly , as i could not hire a portable oxygen concentrator to produce the quantity of oxygen that i require so i had no alternative but to cancel as i am receiving treatment weekly for my illness .

AlexWatts2013 :

Why was only £124.43 returned - was it because it was so close to departure date please?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.