Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator

I was made redundant in Jan 2012. My son from my previous marriage

Customer Question

I was made redundant in Jan 2012. My son from my previous marriage left school Aug 2012. In Nov 2012 I started a new job....... The Child Support Agency have done an assessment on me and say I have to pay £55 per week.

My son has been in full time work since September 2012, but my ex-wife is committing benefit fraud by still claiming Child Benefit....... so that makes me still liable to make payments according to the CSA. Even though I have told the CSA on 3 separate occasions about this fraud they won't do anything.........All the want to do is take money from me....... I have reported the case to the DWP last takes time.......

Now I am left to sort this problem out and I don't know what to do I need help as I feel my human rights are being violated as I am being made to pay for my ex-wifes fraud...
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
What evidence do you have that he is in work?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I see him every weekend, I have been to his place of work, He tells me all about his work. I have the address of his work place but the CSA don't want to know

How far has the enforcement reached?
When did you report the matter to the DWP?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have reported it to DWP twice. Once via on line and once over the phone on 19th July.

I got letter on 20th July telling me I have to pay £55 per week and they have back dated it from 30/11/12.

I am lead to believe that they only have 26 weeks to do assessment and this is over that

The CSA don't want to listen to me at all. This to me is wrong on every level. Just can't get my head around it. I'm having to pay for my ex-wife's fraud

It is indeed wrong but the link between CSA and Child Benefit is strong hence your problem.
I am afraid that there is no 26 week rule applicable here BUT you need to make an immediate appeal against the application based on the fact that you son is working.
If you can send a copy of his P60 for last year then that would be useful
You can get support from this group
I hope this helps - please ask if you need more details
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.