I was stop by traffic police on Friday. My car insured in Taunton

Customer Question

I was stop by traffic police on Friday. My car insured in Taunton and I have a room in a pub in london.
They say that because I work in london that i need a London company to insure me, because the insurance in Taunton is to cheap and more accident happen in London.So they they have taken 3 points of my licence. I wen t to fetch my tools at a job were I finished. i dont use my car for business. I was not going to carry a few tools by using the underground. so I fetched my tools and 3 guys asked if I could give them a lift. Just because I had 2 drills in my car they are going to take another 3 points off my licence and they inpounded my vehicle and gave me a fine of £200 and it cost me £230 to get my car out of the pound..I just think it is reduculas taking 6 points and a £200 and inpounded my . Could I go to caught and fight this. They say that i used the car for business and the car is not used for business.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

How can I help with this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what information do you need

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

for jomo1972. What mor einfo do you need. simon

Sorry, I lost my connection.

I was just wondering what your question was about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have insurance and I would like to get my 6 points squashed.

I did nothing wrong.

Does your insurance cover you to drive in this particular capacity? Their point is not that you are not insured but that you used the car to a different purpose than your insurance covers.
Are you ok? You can respond using your reply button.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.