Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

Hello, my employer wants to question me under caution an allegation

Customer Question

Hello, my employer wants to question me under caution an allegation of sexual assault and at the same time run this as a misconduct under HR. I have been told it won't be at a police station but they can arrange for the duty solicitor to be present for my support. I have not been suspended but moved to another department. I am not a member of a union and am shocked and very stressed. I am a civilian in the police. Please can you advise the best way to deal with this?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. There appears to be an overlap with criminal and employment issues here and you won't be able to get a solicitor to advise on both as they are separate areas of law. I can help with the employment aspect but for the criminal you would have to ask another expert if that is ok?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.