Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

i set up a insurance policy with my bank from scottish widow

Customer Question

i set up a insurance policy with my bank from scottish widow on 2nd july 2012. on the 8th july 2012, i recieved a letter stateing the policy had been cancelled. after talking to my daughter, i decided not to follow it up, so left it. a few day later i recieved amendment papers from the bank for said policy , but as far as i was concerned the policy was cancelled so just put them in with my paper work. i have many bills direct debited from my account so don't check it as often as i should. now i have noticed money coming out of my account for said policy.in febuary this year i went to the bank to sort this out, i told them about the cancellation letter and the amendment papers i had at home not signed, but was told it was still active. someone told me they should not have done this without the new paper work is signed and deliverd. is this true i am not of good health and disabled. i would like to know if i have any rights to claim my money back. please help i don't know what else to do, thank you.

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. For now please let me know did they say why it was cancelled?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.