Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I asked an estate agent to rent out and manage my 3 bedroom

Customer Question

I asked an estate agent to rent out and manage my 3 bedroom house. Tenant moved in on 28/6/13 but i did not receive the contract between me and the tenant untill 12/7/13 after many demands and have not received a signed document between me and the estate agent re management. Despite several emails and phone calls requesting the contract no reply. So I told her not to manage my property anymore and she said if she goes the tenant will also go. and the tenasnt also said if the estae agent goes she will go too.

What do I do now

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. For now please let me know what type of contract the tenant has please?
JACUSTOMER-kfvgwhc8- :

Assured shorthold tenancy agreement

AlexWatts2013 : So I understand, if agent says if they go the tenant will leave and the tenant has said if the agent does go they will leave?
JACUSTOMER-kfvgwhc8- :

yes

AlexWatts2013 :

I see you have rated bad service, please remember I am in and out of meetings. You ask what you want to do, do you want to keep the tenant?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.