75100385

i am looking for leagal advice on company law on escorting

Customer Question

i am looking for leagal advice on company law on escorting companies

i have joined a company called madisonhills escorts agency paid alot of money to this company and never recieved any work what so ever i ve checked there website and there website most of the time is blocked

i have rung them numerous ammounts of times and spoken to them and sying that they will find me work but they havnt. i have joined them since april 2012

i have contacted trading standards

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. For now please let me know if you signed a contract with them please?
Customer :

No i havnt signed any kind of contract

AlexWatts2013 :

Right - and what is it you want to achieve, your money back? How did you pay for it?

Customer :

Yes i paid partially with transfer funds from credit card plus payments via weston union

AlexWatts2013 :

Do you have an address for them? Are they a Ltd co?

Customer :

I have an address for them

AlexWatts2013 :

Do you know if they are Ltd Co or partnership/individuals?

Customer :

I have an address and phone numbers from them

Customer :

Ko

AlexWatts2013 :

What name did you pay? What shows on your credit card?

Customer :

Not sure if they are ltd but i could find out

Customer :

My full name

AlexWatts2013 :

Yes please do - if you paid by card it will have a name on it, their name not yours :)

Customer :

It will be names yo certain individuals

AlexWatts2013 :

The name of the person/company that debited your card - it will show on your statement?

Customer :

The names are certain individuals

AlexWatts2013 :

If that is the case then you have a contract with the individuals. You should write to the address that you have and say you want a refund within 14 days otherwise you would seek to issue a small claim. If they refuse then you can issue a small claims claim which if you also paid part by credit card then your card issuer is also jointly liable under the Consumer Credit Act.

Customer :

By email or by letter

AlexWatts2013 :

You would be able to issue a claim online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk, or complete form N1 http://hmctscourtfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and give it to your local county court. The Court would then issue a claim and you can name add the individuals as Defendant(s) as this does not cost any extra. The court will then send in the claim form to these people. If they do not defend it then you will be able to enter Judgment and seek to enforce the order. If it is defended then the Court will allocate the matter to small claims and then list the claim for trial. This will be in an office (Chambers) rather than a formal open Courtroom.

Customer :

A hand written letter or an email.?

AlexWatts2013 :

Hand written and send recorded delivery signed for.

AlexWatts2013 :

If this fully resolves your question then please take a moment before you leave and rate my service, it only takes a second and is an important part of the process. Otherwise if you need more information or help then please click reply. Alex

AlexWatts2013 :

Does that resolve your question?

Customer :

What i did is i paid certain individuals sums of money i paid with my credit card through westonunion

Customer :

On those payments are names of individuals

AlexWatts2013 :

Yes, all those names you need to list.

Customer :

Does it matter whatvdated these transactions have been done the first one dated about a year ago

AlexWatts2013 :

No, you have 6 years to make a claim!

Customer :

Brilliant

AlexWatts2013 :

I hope that reassures you. Please take a moment to rate my service if you would.

Customer :

Because of this situation that im in i have substatiated alot of debt on these cards and i now cannot afforf payments and have registerred with a dbt managment company reccommending me a iva would

AlexWatts2013 :

Yes if you owe a lot of debt and little in assets an IVA or bankruptcy would be an option

Customer :

Would it be still advisable to still contact my creditors and the credit reference company

AlexWatts2013 :

I would yes just to explain as they are more understanding if they are in contact.

Customer :

Is still ok to contact them because the debt managment company said that i should not contact them at all it says that in there terms and conditions

AlexWatts2013 :

If it is their terms and conditions then you should not. If it is not included in the terms then yes you can. Check the terms

Customer :

Thanks very much you have been helpful how do i rate youre service

Customer :

I will email you again if i have a problem

AlexWatts2013 : You should just be able to click on one of the smiley face's or click like good or excellent service. Thanks
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi can i still claim the money back through the credit consumer right even though you could be on an iva

If you are in an IVA then you would need to pay the money to your insolvency practioner as this was a debt included in the IVA I assume. Alex