Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

when I bought my houseIN 2006 the mortgage provider gave me

Customer Question

when I bought my houseIN 2006 the mortgage provider gave me two options for mortgage protection. A year ago I realised that the option that I had chosen and signed for and they also signed was not in place, instead the one I didn't choose was the one in place. I asked and was told that they had kept that one by default. I asked for a signed agreement to that effect but they could not provide one although at that time they were meant to still have the records. Unfortunately I was ill and I am now able to pursue this case because I feel that they missold me the mortgage protection insurance. I HAVE ALL THE SIGNED DOCUMENTS TO PROVE THAT WHAT THEY IMPLEMENTED IS NOT WHAT WE AGREED, I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT THIS PROTECTION WAS ADDED TO MY MORTGAGE.

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. For now please let me know how did you come to realise the product was not one which you thought it was please?
JACUSTOMER-hddyt8bk- : I was I'll for 6 months and wanted to confirm payment of my mortgage as I was not working with the likelihood of not being able to work because of a medical condition that I was diagnosed with.
AlexWatts2013 : Was it a pre-existing condition or just one they would not cover?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.