75100385

Wed have a travel insurance which goes from 28th June to 11th

Customer Question

Wed have a travel insurance which goes from 28th June to 11th September 2013, the trip was to the USA and was, therefore, quite expensive.
As a result of the sudden death of my mother, we had to return to England on the 5th July, via an emergency flight. As a result the period of time that the insurance actually ran was only some 9 days instead of 76 days.
My question is, as the insurance company will not be liable for 67 days of this insurance, are we entitled to any refund on the unused period the cover.

Barbara Slater - [email protected]

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. For now please let me know what the terms say about cancellation please?
JACUSTOMER-9yldfpds- :

Currently not too sure on that - the cover was with Staysure and I have put in a claim for the payment of my emergency flight home. Have not yet received a reply.

AlexWatts2013 : You need to check the terms and conditions. I suspect that they will say you are not entitled to a refund as they are happy to provide the service which you paid and contracted them for. Had it not been for this sad incident then they would have continued to provide cover. Generally the terms state that they are non refundable and non cancellable. But the answer will be in the terms, if the terms allow it then yes you will get a refund of some of the fee. If the terms do not state you can cancel then no you can not - but the answer is in the contract itself.
AlexWatts2013 : I trust this fully resolves your question and if so could I invite you to take a moment to rate my service, as your feedback is important to me. If you need further information or help then please click rely. Alex

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.

Alex.