75100385

My daughter has been accepted to university in Sept. She is

Customer Question

My daughter has been accepted to university in Sept. She is a single mum and has an IVA with 3 years to run. She has been told she will have to make herself bankrupt and loose her home if she gives her job up to attend. She could still attend uni and contimue to pay the amont on her IVA that shwe currently pays. Is this the only solution?

AlexWatts2013 :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. For now please let me know can she afford to pay the IVA whilst she is at university?

JACUSTOMER-8wpdrsxu- :

yes She can pay the amount she is obligated to pay at present

AlexWatts2013 :

Yes in that case she would need to continue paying it. If for whatever reasons she does not then the IVA would fail.

JACUSTOMER-8wpdrsxu- :

So why has she been told she cannot do this and needs to declare bankruptcy

AlexWatts2013 :

I do not know. If she can afford the payments then she can continue to make them. Someone can change in circumstance so if she earnt more she would have to declare it. But the IVA will continue and would not fail while the payments are still being made.

AlexWatts2013 :

If this fully resolves your question then please take a moment before you leave and rate my service, it only takes a second and is an important part of the process. Otherwise if you need more information or help then please click reply. Alex

AlexWatts2013 :

I see you have rated poor - what else would you like to know from me in order to resolve your question? I have told you that she does not need to go bankrupt and given you a link confirming what I have said. How else can I assist you?