29905560

I injured the thumb on my right hand at work which went septic,this

Customer Question

I injured the thumb on my right hand at work which went septic,this caused me to have to take time off. Am I entitled to full pay from my employer?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What does your contract say about sick pay?

JACUSTOMER-f7a8mc2k- :

Not sure.

Ben Jones :

Ok that will be important because your right to sick pay will depend entirely on what is in your contract. There is no legal right to receive full pay during sickness periods, even if the reason for your absence is related to a workplace injury or was the employer's fault. You will usually only get Statutory Sick Pay, which kicks in after 4 consecutive days of absence, but anything on top of that is at the employer's discretion and will be governed by what is in your contract.

JACUSTOMER-f7a8mc2k- :

Ok thanks Ben. Looks Like I'm on a looser.

Ben Jones :

Well do check the contract and also any policies that form part of it as there could be something in there about sick pay

Ben Jones :

I have answered your query yet you rated this as poor service?