How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34236
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

How do I appeal against the rejection of a C2 form, to allow

Customer Question

How do I appeal against the rejection of a C2 form, to allow me to produce further evidence in court?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Could you explain a little more about the background please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have been to the family courts to enforce a residence order. I wished to submit more evidence and filled in a C2 form, payed my £95.00 and requested to have it submitted. The judge rejected the request as it would require an ajounment, however I beleive that the information I wish to submit is vital.

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
When is the hearing and what evidence do you wish to bring that cannot be brought in the usual way
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am n court tomorrow and I wish to provide a previous section 7 report, medical report and child protection conferrence minutes.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

As a matter of urgency, is an appeal possible?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Are you able to help?


Customer: replied 4 years ago.

really do need to know if you are able to help me, as I need to act as soon as possible, as the judge would like to make a decision tomorrow regarding where my son resides.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I need to ask a family law solicitor about appealing to have more evidence allowed in court
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The hearing is this mornining at 110am. The opposition are arguing beceause it is historical, it is irrelivent to the case. I need to know if you are able to advise by 9.30am at the latese.

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
My apologies for the delay.
The previous section 7 report should be available on the court file in any event and there is no reason why you cannot refer to it
You can also refer to what the other reports say - they are after all "historical" and have been seen by the other side - have the originals with you in case they challenge the wording
If this is a Residence Case these should all have been available in any event - I thought this was an Enforcement issue in which case all to see documents should have been available at the Residence hearing