12826847

We purchased and paid in full for a fitted kitchen from a sole

Customer Question

We purchased and paid in full for a fitted kitchen from a sole trading Ltd company, in December 2012. This sole trader, then died in March of this year. Yesterday we received a letter from the supplier of our granite work top declaring that they only received 50% of their monies from the kitchen company; and that they had a right to remove our worktop until the balance is paid to them. The family of the deceased kitchen firm owner said they have no money and the company has been dissolved as it worthless. Please can you tell me if we are liable to pay this balance. ?
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

Have you had any contact with the supplier other than this?