Who can deliver a PACE caution< you are not obliged to say

Customer Question

Who can deliver a PACE caution< 'you are not obliged to say anything etc etc'. Is there a list of designated people who can, ie police, HMrc, etc. I am particularly interested in whether a civilian who reasonably suspects a criminal offence has been commited can issue a caution and what if anything would the admissibility of any subsequent confession or otherwise be in a criminal court.

Thank you for your question . My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am specifically interested in whether former police officers can/should administer a PACE caution to a person where the former officer has formed a reasonable suspicion that the person has commited a serious arrestable offence. The context is generally in a 'cold case' review scenario where the person being interviewed was to be treated as a witness and as a result of what is being said the person moves into the category of a suspect

What's the date of the case please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This taking far to long, can I have my £33 back please, many thanks for your time.

The expert has opted out, can I help you with this?