Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
11292137

Hi I have a country court jugement against me receved todat

Customer Question

Hi I have a country court jugement against me receved todat for water bill for £496.59. But i am already made £80 payment today. They told me that they will applay for attachemnt of earnings for the ammount of £496.59. But what happens with the £80 i paid today?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High
Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008.
During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousand's of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in
minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case.

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Did you attend court?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, i got letter about the date of the court 2 days later after the court finish. I have paid today £80 and when i got home i got letter from the saying that ey will get cour order to deduct form my wages £496.59. But i have paid today already £80. So i am wnt to know what happens next and what they will do with the money which i have paid today

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

The £80 gets
credited to your account and they will only collect £416.59p by any other order.

The amount of the
judgement remains because that was ordered before you made the payment

Does
that answer the question? Can I help further? Can I answer any specific points?