12826847

Hello. My name isXXXXX just rent a flat over one month

Customer Question

Hello. My name isXXXXX just rent a flat over one month ago and i have some problems with my agency. I have tried to contact with them but no answer. They left me a broken washing machine and i dont have a room for another one so its very uncomfortable :( I dont have a key from the mailbox and they keep saying that they have to contact with the previous tenant. I have important letters inside the mailbox. I just wonder if I have good reasons to cancel my conract? Can you help me, please. Thank You
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What type of contract is this please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

assured shorthold tenancy agreement for letting a residential dwelling

I am sorry but its bad news then.

Unfortunately ASTs are very hard to escape. You pretty much have to show that the property is gutted by fire damage or flooding and so you cannot live in it. Another acceptable reason would be that a person's life is in immediate danger like a gas leak.

I'm afraid that things like change of circumstances of the tenant or the fact that the premises is not salubrious is not sufficient.

That is not to say that you don't have a claim against them. The washing machine should be working if it was in the property when you took it and there is no excuse for not allowing you access to your post.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok. thank you for your help. have a nice evening

And you.

All the best.