75100385

I need some advice on money I am putting towards the deposit

Customer Question

I need some advice on money I am putting towards the deposit for my home ( mortgage), would I need to tell inland revenue where has this money come from ?

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. You would not normally be asked by HMRC where the money came from but you will certainly be asked by your Solicitor who had a duty under money laundering regulations to be satisfied as to the source of the funds. As you may well know stamp duty may be payable on a purchase and of course HMRC has the right to open an enquiry into anyone's tax affairs. But it is more likely the solicitor will need to be satisfied as to the source of the funds.
AlexWatts2013 : I trust this fully resolves your question and if so could I invite you to take a moment to rate my service, as your feedback is important to me. If you need further information or help then please click rely. Alex