12826847

I got stopped by police and summoned to court for three bald

Customer Question

I got stopped by police and summoned to court for three bald tyres all in one go - will they penalise me three times or just once please?
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

They could give you 9 points for this but they will not.

These are three separate offences of vehicle defect which affect safety. There's no reason that they could not impose 9 points.

However, they will not. They have to bear in mind totality of the sentence. These were all committed at the same time and are really all part of the same course of offending. They will just add 3 for the first and the others will either attract no separate penalty or nominal points that show on your licence but do not count for totting purposes.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so I can send this reply off as guilty without attending court and get 3 points only - no more no less???!!!
You can plead guilty by post unless you have been asked to attend for consideration of disqualification.

However, nobody can guarantee that you will only get 3 points. As I said above, it is likely that will happen but they do have the power to impose more.