12826847

Hello Our family have been split down the middle following

Customer Question

Our family have been split down the middle following the death of our father sixteen months ago. My mother is not talking to two of my sisters (a lot of history there). My other sister is effectively caring for my mother. Since the death, one of my brothers is keen to appear to be the number one son by doing some jobs in my mother's house. Oddly, he detailed all work and emailed it to all family members (now I suspect he was planning for something in the future). It is possible he is 'in league' with the two 'banished' sisters. One of those sisters yesterday asked me out of the blue (no contact for six months) whether I had a copy of the death certificate, with no explanation why. This unsettled me - what could someone in this position want to achieve with the death certificate?

Many thanks for your thoughts
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I'm happy to wait for an answer.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'll wait a bit longer but i'm surprised at how long it's taken so far. I will pursue other options soon as i need to understand the situation i might find myself in soon

Once again I apologise for the delay.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

I have been asked to look at this for you. Please bear with me today as I will be offline shortly until later. We are all lawyers in practice.

A death cert is public domain so anyone can get it.

What exactly do you want to know?

Has mother written a will?

Why the split down the middle of family?

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.