29905560

MY CRB CHECK HAS BEEN WITH THE POLICE FOR COMING UPTO 60 DAYS

Customer Question

MY CRB CHECK HAS BEEN WITH THE POLICE FOR COMING UPTO 60 DAYS IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO SPEED THIS PROCESS UP?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Is your job offer waiting upon this?

JACUSTOMER-bushoe4q- :

hi ben, i've paid the money into the driving school upfront, me going ahead with the training is waiting on this, i was told that if i paid upfront i would get the best deal and when i queried the turn around time for the crb i was told an adverage of 10 days, if i fail the crb i'll get refund, but at the moment i can't progress anywhere

Thank you for your patience. There may be various reasons for this delay.

The busiest time for the DBS service which processes criminal checks is at present because they are dealing with a very large number of applications from teachers and other education-related jobs which are being processed in time for the new academic year which starts next month. So inevitably delays may occur right now.

The delay may also be caused by the police if they are having difficulties distinguishing between two very similar names and again because they may be inundated with too many applications at the same time. They will only have limited resources allocated to the processing of DS applications so even at busy times they may not have extra people working for them.

There is little that can be done to speed up the process unless it has been identified what was causing the delay and it can be corrected (e.g. difficulty with similar names and clarification of what the correct name is). I suggest you wait and see what the DBS tell you once they have contacted the police because at present it would be the best that can be done in the circumstances.

I hope this has answered your query for now and would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating. Your question will not close and I can continue providing further advice if necessary. Thank you