12826847

i was driving a dumper truck with no air-con working, is there

Customer Question

i was driving a dumper truck with no air-con working, is there a legal temperature limit and if so what is it please
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i drive a dummper truk on an open cast site, the air conditioning on my truck is not workin so i reported it a few times to the on site fitter. nothin was done about it. i was then sent home from work with dizzyness and feelin sick, i went to see my doctor who sighned me on sick due to heat exhaustion and booked me an appointment to go in to hospital for an ECG because my pulse rate was slow and weak. this confirmed the DR diagnosis. i reported back to work, still nothing had been done to my air con, and i was only paid basic 3 days sick pay when it was their fault i was off sick. where do i stand on this please .

This is more of an employment question them that a traffic one.

I will pass this onto somebody who can help. He will probably be PDF until tomorrow now but I'm site he will pick of up then. You will get an email when he comes back.

All the best
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok thanks for your help

No problem.

I'll chase him
Hello, my colleague has asked me to assist with your query. What is your contractual entitlement to sick pay?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

not sure, wouldnt it be different as it is a work related illness?

No, this makes no difference on entitlement to sick pay unfortunately, have you been off sick before and if so were you paid anything on top of SSP?