13262538

Hello, Im in the middle of children custody with then husband

Customer Question

I'm in the middle of children custody with then husband and on his statement he mentioned few sensitive government jobs that I've applied which I don't want no one to know as some of my family and friends coming to court as a witness.

What can i do to stop him and his family,his solicitor and the Judge not to mention those information?

I'm very confuse and scare. Please help me I don't know where to start!!
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What is the actual problem with anyone knowing about this?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As I've mentioned before Me and husband are in middle of children's custody battle and our first hearing the judge ordered us to file narrative statement for who was the primary carer for children.

On his statement he mentioned few sensitive government jobs that I've applied when we were together which I don't want no one to know as some of my family and friends coming to court as a witness.

so I wander if i can stop him or his solicitor.where do i stand ,what can i do about this???

In order to assist I need to know why knowing this would be a problem?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Because its security matter and as result my community will ostracise me.

I see
Is your ex not likely to tell them anyway?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no does not have a means of communication with my family and friends, and all he is doing id them to know that day i believe.

In what way did he say that these job applications were relevant to the case?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Normal way He just mentioned all the jobs that I've either done or applied, I am not sure whether he doing this in order to prove to the court that I was not the primary carer or not.

But the bottom line is I don't want no one to know this information.

To your knowledge has he already told his family?
(I am trying to work out how you can achieve what you want)
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

His family"Mother,Father and sister" knew already as they went through vetting, Parents don't live this country ,and we are not from same country so to them its a normal job, if that makes sense.

But he knows the what will happen to me and he is using that against me.

Did your family not have to be vetted?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes they did but not extended family...who are the ones who are coming to the court and also as english is not my first language i would like to have a interpreter and that will be another person from my community which I would feel un comfortable to disclose that information.

I cannot see how the details of your applications are relevant to the hearing - but no doubt your ex will try and bring them in.
However in terms of giving evidence none of your family will be in the room when you are giving evidence - and the Interpreter is under a duty not to disclose what he hears.
However I do understand your concerns and you can ask your solicitor to apply for an Order that your husband by prohibited from disclosing the details to anyone else - or allowing his family to do so.
The fact that the matter is so sensitive may make this an order that the court may make
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Claire