How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 31300
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Council Tenancy

Customer Question

My ex partner left my son and I, (it's not his son) 14 years ago we are joint tenants with the council. He has since married and has no interest in the tenancy would he be able to pass his tenancy to my son. Or pass it to me, then I could pass it to my son ?  I am still waiting on a reply

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law