Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

Hi I contacted BT last Wednesday to sign up for BT vision,

Customer Question

Hi I contacted BT last Wednesday to sign up for BT vision, on Friday they sent a box via the Post office, I had someone to help me with set up, from the start we go only few blue flecks. we read through the book and read how to do a signal test, the problem was the box would not give us the picture to do this. I phoned BT 7 times but each time I got cut off so I emailed them and said I was unhappy with the service and wanted to cancel, this service promises to reply in 24 hours. Last night at 8 minutes passed 8 they replied this the same as it says in the book, carry out a signal test, This morning I phoned them and after being cut off 3 times I got through, at this point I hadn't seen the email, he told me that the email says how to return my box, I won't be charged for the box, but I would need to pay for the whole of the new contract, the 10 day cooling off period only applies to the cost of the box, surely this can't be right, please help
Kath
Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.

Josh-2010 :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Josh-2010 :

Did you sign up online or over the phone please?

Josh-2010 :

Do you believe that the box is faulty?

JACUSTOMER-glvddr45- :

I only have the one question I donot want to sign up for a monthly service I can't afford this x

JACUSTOMER-glvddr45- :

I now have my answer via the consumer council, their not iout to con people!!!

Josh-2010 :

I can check with customer services that you have not accidentally signed up to a monthly service.

Josh-2010 :

Would you like to continue?

Josh-2010 :

Do you still require assistance with this please? I would be delighted to assist you if you do.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

I just wanted to reassure you that you are not signed up to any subscription programme and so far have only paid your original deposit.

I wonder if you would reconsider the bad rating you gave to the Professional here - professionals have nothing to do with the running of the site.