Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

Can I work and live in Antigua with a spent conviction when

Customer Question

Can I work and live in Antigua with a spent conviction when I was 17?

AlexWatts2013 :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. For now please let me know what was the conviction for and what did you get? Is it your only conviction?

JACUSTOMER-e66sly1p- : For intent to supply cannabis and 4 hours community service and meetings with a youth ofender women for 6 months and yes it is my only offence and will it appear on my record ? Thanks oli
AlexWatts2013 :

It will appear on a record yes. This is because it is a criminal conviction. You can declare this if you wish but as the law does not permit a full and frank disclosure of criminal convictions between the UK and Antigua, there are no such treaties in place for information sharing. Generally only the most serious convictions are disclosed, which are violent and sexual offences. Therefore it is a matter for you whether you disclose it. Clearly I can not tell you to lie, but you have to ask if you do not disclose and it is spent, will anyone actually find out?

AlexWatts2013 :

I trust that this resolves your question, if so I would be grateful if you could take a moment and rate the service I have given you, as it is an important part of the process. If you need more help or information then please click reply. Alex

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.