75100385

I have had a rolling contract with a large sports organisation

Customer Question

I have had a rolling contract with a large sports organisation since May 2007 providing physiotherapy and sports performance services which have increased each year to their current level of 200days/year. My current contract ends on 30 Sept 2013 and in my termination I am supposed to be served a written letter and 3months notice. I was called on the 23rd July and advised that my contract would no longer be renewed. Do I have any rights? I am being replaced by someone.

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. For now please let me know are they giving you 3 months pay?
JACUSTOMER-swnjav0w- : Hi Alex, thanks for replying. At the moment no, they have said they will pay until the end of sept only.
AlexWatts2013 : Does the contract says it automatically renews for 12 months?
JACUSTOMER-swnjav0w- :

It doesn't no - At the end of each rugby season it just got renewed.

JACUSTOMER-swnjav0w- :

The Termination part of the contract states:

JACUSTOMER-swnjav0w- :

10.1 This agreement may be terminated by either party for any reason upon serving the other 3 months prior written notice, and:

JACUSTOMER-swnjav0w- :

then it lits a whole lot of conditions upon which they can terminate- none of which I have been told I have done. Essentially the head coach decided he wanted a new system in place in which my role which was a dual role was split and so I have not been offered either of the parts.

AlexWatts2013 : I see, my reading is that they can terminate but must give you 3 months notice. If they do not then you can sue for 3 months fee as they are in breach of contract, it clearly states they must give you 3 months notice and that is what you should receive.
AlexWatts2013 : I trust this fully resolves your question and if so could I invite you to take a moment to rate my service, as your feedback is important to me. If you need further information or help then please click rely. Alex